Friday, August 12, 2011

I feel so domestic!

I feel so domestic! In the last two days I have made my own laundry soap, and pulled two huge zucchini out of my garden! Its so fun. I went to a girls night. My friends sister in law was in town and came with us. Somehow it came up that she makes her own laundry soap and how cheap and easy it is. Who wouldn't like that? Recently I read on my friend Ines blog at all the soaps and things she's been making too. So I tried it! So easy, smells great, works great and the best part, CHEAP!
I don't have a green thumb at all! But, every year I try to have a garden. It is going great this year. I had been watching this one zucchini growing, waiting for it to get a little bit bigger. Yesterday I thought it looked good so I brought it in the house. It was so fun to see how excited the kids were also. We grew something and its big! ha ha. Then a bit later I went back out to water and discovered another zucchini that was hiding and its even bigger then the one I was watching. I also picked a ton of lettuce. I need to pick a ton of green beans. I also have corn, tomotoes, carrots, radish, pumpkin, and pototoes growing. Its so fun!

2 comments:

Paul and Ines said...

That's great!! We haven't had much luck in our garden. I knew someone who made their detergent dry...if you make it wet...you can add essential oils to add more smell to the clothes....& because I line dry , I added a cup of fabric softener & it's perfect. I wished we lived close by ...seems like we'd do alot of this stuff together. I love how you can find all these recipes on cleaning stuff online :) It's not just domestic, it's self sufficient :) & sustainable...u go girl :)

Team Cody said...

So, whats the laundry soap recipe!!??