
Four years ago my amazing Uncle Dave passed away. That night the phone rang. You never want the phone to ring...late. It was my Aunt Kathy. She called me to go to my mom and tell her about her brother. She didn't want her to be alone. My Aunt is an amazing woman! She was telling me that everything is ok. I woke my parents up and told them. Together we cried. My Mom thought I was waking her up to tell her I was in labor. I was due to have Quinn. I was enduced a little early so my mom could be here when Quinn was born and then off to California they went for the funeral. I wanted to be there so bad.

My Uncle Dave is an amazing man. He loved loved Baseball. He had a room full of baseball stuff. You can see on his casket the glove and ball. So perfect! My Uncle was also more then an Uncle. He was my second Dad. My Dad didn't get baptized until I was 12. Uncle Dave blessed us all, baptized us (except Richard - Frank did it) He gave us our school blessings. We were in the same ward for many years and we always sat together. Words cannot describe the love and gratitude I have for him!

Here is two of my brothers. You know as parents you want to do what is right. My parents always did there best. I think of my Mom who took us to church without her husband. The example that Uncle Dave was to us kids. It affected our whole family. He helped in getting my Dad into the church. He helped in my brothers going on missions. Us marring in the Temple. Us staying strong in the gospel. I am so grateful!!! I think of Uncle Dave often. This may sound corny...but Aunt Kathy gave us a ornament with Uncle Daves picture in it to hang on the Christmas tree. I love getting it out each year. It gets kissed by me, I cry a little, and then it sits on the top part of the tree, and He faces out so everyone can see. I love that a few of my girls knew him. Im sad that the others will only hear stories. He has missed his grandchildren here on this earth, but I know He gave them a kiss before they came. I love you Uncle Dave!
4 comments:
I miss him so much! An amazing Man and the best gospel teacher ever!
i miss him too...he is such an amazing man.
We miss him tons too! Thanks for the sweet stroll down memory lane! You're so thoughtful!
I will always remember that night...I thought you were calling to tell me you had a baby too! That was the most well-attended funeral I have ever been to. He is gone but definitely NOT forgotten!
Post a Comment