Friday, January 29, 2010

Thankful!

The past few days have been really hard. Monday night I went to bed not feeling super great. About 2am I was all balled up in bed, my jaw shaking, my feet freezing and yet I was sweating. Darin tried to warm me up. My body ached. Tuesday morning when it was time to get the kids up for school, I could barely walk. Darin jumped right up and did the Dad version of what Mom usually does. :) I felt so sick that I couldn't move. I wanted to help, but couldn't. I worried about what the girls hair looked like. Did Dad or maybe the big sisters even question the younger girls hair before they went out the door? I was so out of it. Darin was able to do some work from home. What a blessing that he could stay home. Tuesday evening, I walked from my bed to the front recliner to try to make myself feel alive. It lasted about 20min and then I had to go back to bed. Thankfully a friend that new I was sick brought my family and wonderful, warm, yummy meal. I heard it was great. What was great to me was that she did it. Without asking and telling. Just showed up with it. Instead of mac n cheese for lunch and dinner they got a great meal. Wednesday wasnt much better. I tryed to tell myself that its been 24hours, your done! Get up! I tried. It didnt work. Back to bed. Finally that night I got antibiotics. Hooray! They are amazing. That night wasn't perfect, but I knew it was the meds doing there job. Breaking my fever. Thursday morning I felt better. Still slow moving. Cant stand or do as much as I'd like. But I am getting better. Having strep throat as an adult really stinks!! Yea, my throat really didnt hurt the first day and a half. It felt like the flu?? But Iam so thankful for my husband helping out. Working from home so I could rest. The kids wore pjs for days but they were clean. They were fed. The house is a mess, but thats okay! We even had another meal arrive last night. Im so greatful. I was able to eat this one and YUMMY! Im excited to eat it again for lunch. Im so thankful for understanding, helpful kids. They were so sweet to me. I know they wished each day they came back from school that Mom would be her normal self. Today I am finally going to pick them up. I think they will be happy. This may be a long, boring post. But right now Im just thankful for the simple things in life. To be a SAHM that gets to get my kids ready for school and drive them around. To clean my house. To snuggle my baby and my other kids that still let me. To snuggle my husband.

2 comments:

Vicky Durham said...

Wow! It really does stink to be sick, and that sick, as an adult! Your family is wonderful! It sounds like you have some great friends too! I'm glad that you are feeling better! You have such a beautiful family! : )

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were so sick my friend. Miss you so much, but it's so good to get an update. I'm grateful you have such great friends to take care of you and so glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy and know I'm thinking about you. Send an e-mail sometime when you have a chance. One day I will get a Facebook, never a blog...too much work for me. Take care, my friend. Let me know when you guys are coming to Cali again. Love ya!

Kristi Winn