Monday, November 3, 2008

"Benign Neonatal Hemangiomatosis"

Our sweet baby Chloe has "Benign Neonatal Hemangiomatosis." What is that?? Have you heard of Hemangiomas? Sometimes they are called a strawberry birthmark. 1 in 50 caucasion babys have 1. Well, Chloe has over 65 spots. Her's have started out teeny tiny red spots. The first year they will continue to grow. Then by age 7 -9 they should be gone. That sounds okay?? But there is another issue. They can also form in organs, mainly the liver. After going to two Drs they don't believe she has them in her organs. If they are in the organs mortality rates are high. One Dr did say of a baby that had them in two organs, she did cemo, and is cured now. We are praying that they will never form in her organs and that we will only have to deal with them on her skin. I will take her to the Dr every month to be examined. If they are in the organs Drs would hear a heart murmur, they would feel her organs swollen and she wouldn't be growing and gaining weight like normal. If you look closely at the picture above you can see the largest one she has on her chin. We are very grateful for those who have already been praying for her, fasted and put her name in the temple. We are very optimistic that all will be well. I can't just sit around and cry and wait. Life goes on and I am enjoying every second with my sweet baby.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow, Jill I had no idea! I am happy to hear that there are no signs of any on Chloe's organs (knock on wood.) I bet you have been so worried. I hope you are holding up OK btwn. Chloe, Darin's eye, and I heard you've been sick. I am thinking good thoughts and saying many prayers in Chloe and Trevors behalf. Lots of love,
Kathleen

Lots of love,
Kathleen

The Gray Family said...

Hopefully everything will turn out ok! She is a beautiful little girl, and we will be praying that all will go well. Call me if you need anything!!!

Team Cody said...

Hey Girl, We pray for the cute one every night. Hope she is doing well. She really is adorable. Hopefully I'll get to get see her before she walks!! Haha. Love you

Hoskins Family said...

Jill, we will pray for little Chole. Some friends in our ward have a little guy with this too. He has had some treatments and is doing better now. Love and Hugs, Daleen

Hoskins Family said...

Jill, we will pray for little Chole. Some friends in our ward have a little guy with this too. He has had some treatments and is doing better now. Love and Hugs, Daleen

Adrianne said...

Jill, I didn't know that it could be serious. It's hard to worry about a baby so tiny but I am glad to hear she is doing well. I love your blog and have already linked mine to it. I love to see your pictures and read about the girls and Quinn. Porter just got the same Batman suit for his birthday 3 days ago.