Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Taking Time

Life always seems to be so busy! It may be things that need to get done around the house or events happening outside the home. The past few months I have had alot of friends and family go threw some tragic events. Events that you wouldn't wish on anyone. It has made me stop and hug my kids more. Try to give them that extra alone time that they deserve. The picture is at Wheeler Farm this summer. It was a day that I really wasn't feeling well. I was ready for Darin to come home and help with dinner and bedtime. Darin called out of the blue and said lets have dinner at the park and let the kids feed the ducks. First I was blown away that he was suggesting it. Then I thought, "I don't feel good." And then I thought how the kids would love it. Something out of the blue. Something they weren't expecting. We met Darin there and had pizza for dinner. It was a lovely evening. Just our family, together. Playing, talking, and creating lasting memories. I love my family! I am so truly blessed.

3 comments:

kennyandmary said...

I love days like that. They don't come often enough! I love reading your updates. You're a blog pro! Teach me! -Mary

PartyofFive said...

I'm so glad that possibly my scary moment may help others hug their children a little more. I know I have. What a great evening to have shared. You have a darling family Jill. You are the sweetest person, mom, friend, sister in law I know! I love you!

Tawny said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and Darin while you are waiting to welcome Chloe! I had such a great delivery this time. I hope yours goes great!